Some people with dementia may experience aggression and agitation so Find have teamed up with UK charity Designability to produce the “Bud” a sensory cushion that offers comfort, relaxation, simple repetitive activity and an opportunity for communication and reminiscence.
Made from attractive and tactile fabrics, the “Bud” lays perfectly across the person’s lap for ease of use and can be themed to suit the individual by tucking meaningful objects of interest among the fabric petals and when not in use the “Bud” can be folded away to provide an attractive, discreet cushion.
The “Bud” is ideal for both male and female users in the later stages of dementia.
Read more about Bud’s development here
The Bud Sensory Cushion is supplied with a calico bag, carabiner and key-ring. (Objects to be inserted do not come with the cushion)
Size: approximately 30 x 30cm
• Easily drapes over your lap for ease of use
• Poppers to open and close
• Petals to re-arrange and fold
• Petals with an audible crinkle
• Stitching lines to trace
• Loops to use to attach objects
• Suitable to use on the lap
• Soft and portable
• Able to be personalised by attaching meaningful objects
• Can be folded away to provide an attractive, discreet cushion
• Encourages communication, enjoyment or reminiscence
• Objects can be tucked among the fabric petals, tied or attached
• VAT relief available – Yes