One of the main challenges people with dementia face is issues with eating and drinking. As dementia progresses and co-ordination declines it can be a struggle to get a person with dementia to get enough food and fluids.
After 4 years of research Find have produced a range of dementia-friendly crockery designed to aid nutrition and hydration.
The Find Dining range is manufactured from high-quality melamine making it lightweight and shatterproof. Designed with a broad base for greater stability and a lipped rim to reduce spillage makes it perfect for any care setting.
The crockery’s colour has also been specifically chosen to stimulate interest in food ( If the food is too close to the colour palette of the plate, someone with dementia may struggle to distinguish the contrast between the two and not realise there is food to be eaten) which in turn increases nutritional intake and reduces waste.
• High quality glazed melamine
• Dishwasher safe
• Improved ability to see food on the plate
• Easier manipulation of food
• Increased nutritional intake
• Dining rooms are quieter
• More food is eaten = less waste
• Improved health
• Meal times can be more sociable and dignified
• An altogether better eating experience