Dementia Mural – Pub Activities
Dementia Mural – The Pub makes activities easy
The pub mural is a perfect backdrop for many an activity.
There will be people in your care facility who went to the pub or a social club regularly as part of their weekly routine and there is no reason this should stop.
Clearly alcohol cannot be available all day, but as part of a routine, a pre-dinner drink or Saturday night entertainment, it can help create great opportunities for social interaction.
Dementia Mural – Pub Activities:
A traditional pub, with its tap room is a perfect back drop for many activities such as:
- Pool or Darts space permitting
- Dominoes and cards or even a game of chess
These are all games that people may still enjoy playing and the pub is the perfect setting.
- Fun competitions can create social interaction
- A large TV in the pub can be used for sporting events and films. Organise each week to ensure the fixtures are advertised and adhere to the plan.
- The pub is also a fabulous setting for parties and celebrations. Try to plan at least one festivity per month to ensure using the room becomes an integral part of life in the home.