Dementia Mural – Shop Activities
Dementia Mural – Shop makes activities easy
The shop dementia mural design is versatile and can be adapted to suit any type of shop and incorporate a range of activities.
The design can be determined by the location of the home, although some are suitable for anywhere. The Sweet Shop and The Corner Shop are reminiscent for everyone and both extremely popular. The Gift Shop is great for coastal areas. The Hardware Store is great for male interaction. When designing corridors in a care home, Find try to Incorporate shops of interest for all residents. Whichever shop is selected, it needs to be interactive. The market barrow or baskets can be used to display items that residents can take away.
Dementia Mural – Shop Activities:
- Residents can make items to be sold in the shop such as Lavender bags.
- Cards can be made and then displayed in the corner shop.
- Fill the shelves with activity items such as arts and crafts, jigsaws, and books that residents can take away.
Plan the year to include important dates and organise activities to support them. Such as:
- Valentine’s Day could include making cards and red hearts that can be displayed in the shops.
- Easter is another opportunity for cards, bonnets (ideal for the hat shop), and Easter bunnies.
- Christmas- Wreath making
There are many more dates in the diary that could be used as the foundation for activities.