The Dementia Toilet Sign has been specifically created by Find Signage. The sign aids wayfinding, independence, and makes it easy for a person with dementia to locate the toilet. This intern reduces anxiety and stress.
What makes our dementia toilet sign different?
Find Signage dementia toilet signs follow the principles below:
- Use of colour – toilet signs should be something totally different from other signs for easy recognition.
- Correct use of font – a subject that has been researched and all our signs use the best possible font available. Also, words should be not written in capital letters as we read by shape and capital letters make rectangles that all look the same. This can cause word blindness.
- Images – although not everyone likes the image of a toilet on the sign, there is no doubt that it works better than anything else. People living with dementia clearly state during conferences that they do not recognise male and female symbols and want to see the toilet image.
- Antiglare materials must be used to avoid any unnecessary confusion or misinterpretation of a sign i.e., TOILET or TO LET
- Positioning – due to several physical changes, all door signs should be at 1.3m above the ground. Flag signs are great for long distance viewing down corridors (when good use of colour is essential) but must be used in conjunction with door signs in the line of sight. Cleaning – all signs must meet hygiene (AND Fire regulation) standards and we ensure all products are designed to comply.
VAT Relief Eligible – Yes